ਅਕਾਲ ਹੀ ਅਕਾਲ ॥
Satnam Siri Waheguru Jio
links to this post >

Khalsa

Remember the Khalsa. Remember the true sacrifices.Remember the alamo. oooooopps just kidding on the last part hehehehehehe
I was at the Indian Store called "Bagga Palace" and I was buying 3 new turbans for my head because I saw a friend that I used to know in High School and gave him a saffron turban. I gave him a brand new one that I just bought a couple days before and it was my only saffron Dastar. So I had to buy another and while I was there an older Punjabi couple were in the store and were shocked to see a white Sikh. I talked with them both for a while. They asked about every question you could in that amount of time. They were about 60-65yrs young and asked me sooo many questions that I basically was doing a documentary about Sikhi and myself. I think it brightened up their light about what the goal of life is. They figured out that I had no connection from parents/family etc that got me into Sikhism. They were surprised because most Sikhs in America are scared to wear a Turban with full Bana and were surprised that I only wear kurta pajamas around town. I try to promote Sikhism everywhere that I go, and even at the Gurdwara. Alot of Sikhs look at me with a sour face, which to me only reflects how much they really apply to their lives. Reading Gurbani is the first step and applying it is the next 1,000 steps. Its actually very hard but very possible. Remember the Khalsa way of life is sharper than a sword and is more fine than a hair. I always have something or someone trying to take that path from me. The more people try the more I understand that I should put even more effort into keeping a huge and bright spiritual aura around me. We all have access to the same tools{Gurbani and 5Ks} and all have a jobsite to work on{the body and mind}. First try to fix your s so that when people ask for assistance you can shed light onto them without losing any from yourself. Practice what you preach. Many parents of young Sikhs want to have their children wear a patka and not cut their hair but they dont set the example and have uncut kaysh or wear a turban themselves. That called being a hypocrite. We cant mix hypocrisy and Sikhi. We need to do it ourselves before even thinking you can tell others anything related to Sikhi. Some try to say I sometimes think radically but its thinking practically. In order to be a good Sikh you must practice everyday at all times. If you dont want to then that means you dont care if your life bears any fruit. I want my life to have meaning and accomplish what Im supposed to. I dont condemn anyone who thinks otherwise. Thats their own choice and they will deal with the consequence{s}. Life is only a one way road. If your not on the road then you are on the sidewalk and thats illegal enough to get a ticket and get pulled over. You also cant go in a diffrent direction unless you turn and get on a different road. Some like driving on roads with a huge intersection at every block, and some like trying to 4X4 but get stuck in the mud and need anyone else to pull them out. I like to be on the freeway with a bunch of cars doing the samething as I am. I also would rather drive in the diamond lane with a full car so when their is traffic we are cruising along at a good pace past all the cars who drive by themselves. Thats why we have Sadh Sangat. They are all in the same car, and helping the people who arent as strong and showing them the way. Some while not reading banis and wearing 5Ks declare that they would rather walk. While we get to the end of life in 1 hour, they get there in 1,000 years , rebirth after rebirth. I see how life is harsh if you cling to worldy things. It tends to make you justify away from Sikhi.

I again have this Muslim trying to denounce Sikhi in everyway by emailing me. Everything he says sounds so wrong. But he finally admitted a correction that I revealed to him. The rest is just" Your wrong and Im right" kind of stuff. Which I constantly say that hes too worried about others and should take that energy and use it with his faith cause with me hes wasting his time trying to convert me to Mohhamedism. All his info is from 1 maybe 2 websites. You must practice Sikhi to understand fully and not just read a little. At first I had alot of questions but have be revealed whats and whys I just have to figure out the hows. Dont let them discourage you from them calling the Guru Sahibs names. He tries alot of cheapshots, but that just goes to show how far from compassion some are. I tellhim his website should be about how true islam is and not about how false Sikhi is in order to bear any fruit. If he can produce more on how false Sikhi is and have very little to show how true islam is then why should my eyes read his garbage. I vowed a couple weeks ago that I will NEVER read his site again due to his cheapshots, and he keeps trying to trick me into going. I said Im not a real Sikh if I break my vow , which I for sure will not do. I say its like talking to a wall and he says I run with my tail between my legs. HAHAHA What a childish way to "try" to trick me into reading all his falsehoods about Sikhi. I could go on forever about this man but hes really a waste of intellect and time. So if you see him on some blog comments trying to have you go on his site dont because he will cling to you like a 4 ft by 8 ft leech. He will never stop until I change my email.

I love Sikhi and every teaching therein. Instead of falling away, I must help the non-forcefull expansion of Sikhi. I gave my friend the tools needed, and its up to him and Waheguru to allow him to be a true employee in Sikhi and not one who embezzles or steal or quit. Its all up to him wanting to clean him mind out from evils that veil us from the true goal of life. It was a real union because he came up to me and then he wanted to visit my home and have a couple hours of learning. He said he has a Gurdwara by his house. I just hope he will collect the strength to go and put in an metaphoric application. I told him its easier not to be a Sikh of the Guru. But you get stronger from being a Sikh. It the difference between bench pressing 1,000 lbs for 10 years straight and jogging for 5 min once.

I dont like typing because I have millions and millions of years of testimony and have to fit it in this microscopic blog and by the time allotted. Oh well. I hope this helps you out. If not read any up coming blogs. One day at least one might.
SatNam

Vaheguru Ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji ki fateh!

by Pritam Singh Khalsa @ Saturday, May 13, 2006