ਅਕਾਲ ਹੀ ਅਕਾਲ ॥
Satnam Siri Waheguru Jio
links to this post >

My new Amrit name PRITAM SINGH KHALSA

Today Waheguru and Guru has blessed me with the eternal nectar called Amrit. At first I had no idea wher Amrit char was being held. I went to West Sacramento Gurdwara, and was there before GuruJi was even prakashed by far. So I just sat in Gurus Darbar waiting for a sign or something. I stood up for GuruJi entering, Matha Tekhna, and then listening to the daily Hukamnama. I still sat there wondering how they were going to setup the Amrit ceremony in 10 min. Then I saw GranthiJi walk back into the Sukh Asan room. I was thinking, why? Then he was holding GuruJi on his head and walking in my direction. I did Matha Tekhna and was debating whether I should stay and possibly miss the ceremony or follow the Guru to whereever GuruJi was going. I just thought I should follow the Guru to who knows where. So I caught up to GuruJi and was walking for a while and we reached the stairs way far away from the Sukh Asan room. I followed GuruJi and GranthiJi upstairs and lone and behold I saw white sheets laid on the floor a Paalki Sahib and a Holy bowl and an Amrit Khanda laying in a bowl covered with a white cloth. I sat and listened to the Hukam while a few older women and an old man walked in and bam, Panj Pyare and two Nihang guards standing beyond the closed door.{I would have missed Amrit if I hadn't of followed GuruJi upstairs} WOW. I feel so thankful for the insight to follow the Guru upstairs which I didnt know what was upstairs. I thought the ceremony was going to be in the giant Darbar downstairs.Thus the Amrit ceremony begun and ended, and I asked to be renamed from this new Hukam. The Panj Pyare then huddled together and named me PRITAM SINGH KHALSA. I LOVE WAHEGURU, SIKHI,THE GURU,GURBANI,AND SANGAT,AND MY FAMILY. Nothing could stop me from doing otherwise. Dont ever forsake anything GOD given. SatNAm Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji ki fateh!

by Pritam Singh Khalsa @ Saturday, April 15, 2006