ਅਕਾਲ ਹੀ ਅਕਾਲ ॥
Satnam Siri Waheguru Jio
links to this post >

My sitar


I got a Sitar because I have played music for 10 years of my life.All sorts, but have always been interested in the sitar. I used to think to play sitar you would have to be really old and sooo smart when in reality you just need a passion for anything you want to do. Yesterday at the Gurdwara a little kid who plays tabla showed me how to play them and first try started to play an actual beat that could be used to play kirtan in the sangat. He said I was already good enough to go buy a set myself.So next week I'll bring the sitar to play kirtan after everyone has left and have him play tabla, then I'll let him play the sitar cause he thinks its hard.I think he'll suprize himself as I did with the tabla. Keep your blogs short and to the point so people read the whole thing, instead of having to dedicate your whole day to reading one blog. Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh!

by Pritam Singh Khalsa @ Monday, March 20, 2006